Professional Rekeying in St. George, UT
Rekeying your locks is when you replace or rearrange the key pins within the lock to conform to a new key. To rekey your lock, you need to have the current key to ensure that the key will no longer work in the lock. If you don’t have the matching key, an expert locksmith may still be able to pick the lock, but you wouldn’t want to try it on your own.
Though rekeying may sound like a complicated process, a trusted Master Locksmith like we have at Accurate Lock & Safe can make it simple and hassle-free.
Rekeying Vs. Replacing Locks
Rekeying and replacing your locks may seem similar, but they serve different purposes. Depending on your intent, rekeying may be a better choice for your residential or commercial property.
When to Rekey
- A copy of the key is lost or stolen
- You move into a new apartment or home
- Someone has a key that you don’t want to have access anymore
- You have multiple locks of the same brand and want to use the same key for all of them
When to Get New Locks
- You want a different look for your locks (color or design)
- Your locks are old, rusty, or not functioning properly
- You’re looking to upgrade your security (electronic, fingerprint, etc.)
- You want to use the same key for multiple locks of different brands
If you’re wondering which option is best for you, you may want to consider the price and your time. Rekeying is often cheaper because you’re only replacing the key pins or tumblers rather than the entire lock. However, adjusting the pins to rekey requires the skill and training of a professional, while you can typically install new locks yourself. Ultimately, rekeying and replacing your locks are good ideas for different situations.
The St. George Accurate Lock & Safe Advantage
Accurate Lock & Safe is proud to provide high-quality Master Locksmith services to homes, offices, businesses, and more in St. George and the surrounding areas. When you need locksmith services, it’s nice to know that Accurate Lock & Safe is here to help. See for yourself why we’re the best locksmith in St. George, Utah!
- Superior Customer Service
- Quick Response Times
- Intimate Knowledge of Door Hardware
- Clear Communication
- Certified Master Locksmith
- Available Emergency Services
Whether you need your locks rekeyed, replaced, or installed, Accurate Lock & Safe is ready to make it happen. With our 30+ years of locksmith experience, we’re here to help with all your locksmith needs in St. George, Hurricane, Ivins, Washington City, Cedar City, and the neighboring communities. For professional locksmith services, contact our team at Accurate Lock & Safe today!